With boneless chicken there are so many dishes you can make and a favorite of mine is chicken curry. It is cooked with lots of delicious spices and its rich sauce can be made to be either thick or runny depending on ones own preference. This dish can also be made with or without potatoes or peas and is best served with chapatti, naan bread or rice.
1 kg Boneless Chicken (cubed)
2 Cups of Peas or 1 large potato (cubed)(Par-boiled)
1 large onion (finely chopped)
1 and half cups crushed tomatoes
10 tbsp olive oil
half a cup of water
2 tsp Garam Masala
2 tsp Paprika Powder
1 and half tsp Salt
1 tsp chili Powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
half tsp Turmeric Powder
1. Fry chicken cubes in a frying pan with a little water and cook until all chicken pieces are white and cooked through.
2. Put a wok on the heat and add the olive oil.
3. Add the onions into the wok and fry until they are golden brown. Keep mixing to prevent onions from sticking to the bottom.
4. Once the onions are browned add crushed tomatoes and water. Add all the spices and mix well.
5. Now add in the cooked chicken and mix regularly until the chicken curry turns dark brown.
6. Once the curry has darkened in color add the peas or potatoes and mix. Put the heat low and cover the wok with a lid. Keep checking and mixing regularly until the peas or potatoes has softened.
(To speed up this process par-boil the peas and potatoes before adding them to the curry but this is optional)
(Rough cooking time 27 minutes)
To add some more aroma to any curry dish add 2 teaspoons of freshly chopped coriander in with the spices.